Linfield College Catalog
Application Procedure For First-Year Students to the McMinnville Campus
- Complete the Common Application and forward it to the Office of Admission on the McMinnville campus. Students can access the Common Application at: www.commonapp.org or www.linfield.edu/apply.
- Have the official secondary school transcript sent. Homeschooled applicants should submit an official transcript from a national home-school agency or, if not from a national home-school agency, a detailed transcript with course names and descriptions from the home-school coordinator. A transcript template is available in the Common Application Home School Supplement to the Secondary School Report, which can be found online at www.commonapp.org. Home-schooled students are also strongly encouraged to visit campus and meet with the Office of Admission staff.
- Submit one recommendation from a counselor and one recommendation from a teacher who has taught the student in English, social studies, mathematics, science or a foreign language.
- Submit official score reports from SAT I or the ACT. (If more than one score is submitted, Linfield will use the higher score.) Students whose first language is not English may be required to take an English language exam during the first week of classes if they are admitted to and enroll at Linfield. Upon receiving testing results they may receive assistance from Linfield’s English Language and Culture Program (ELCP) for academic preparation before being admitted to a full load of academic courses.
- Submit the Linfield College Supplemental Form to the Common Application at www.commonapp.org.
- If applying for need-based financial aid, complete the FAFSA. The McMinnville campus code number is 003198.