Application Procedure For First-Year Students to the McMinnville Campus
Linfield College accepts the Common Application. The Common Application can be submitted online (www.commonapp.org or www.linfield.edu/apply) or downloaded as a PDF and submitted via postal mail (although, you may not be able to save your completed application with the files below).
A complete application includes the following:
- Online or hard copy of the Common Application.
- Linfield’s Supplement to the Common Application. Please note that your short answer questions cannot exceed 200 words (or 1,000 characters including spaces and tabs).
- Essay (may be submitted online with Common Application, or sent separately)
- School Report (from your high school counselor or other school official).
- One Teacher Recommendation from an academic (English, math, modern language, social science or natural science).
- Official High School Transcript (sent or submitted directly from the high school). Home-schooled applicants must submit an official transcript from a national home-school agency, or if not from a national home-school agency, a detailed transcript with grades, course names and course descriptions from the home-school coordinator. A transcript template is available in the Common Application Home School Supplement to the Secondary School Report, which can be found online at www.commonapp.org. Home-schooled students are also strongly encouraged to visit campus and meet with an admission counselor.
- Official SAT Reasoning and/or ACT (writing optional)
scores. If more than one score is submitted, Linfield will use
the higher score. Board scores will be considered official if
sent from either the testing agency or high school. To have
your scores sent directly from the College Board (SAT),
include school code 4387 on your Registration form. For the
ACT, include school code 3466. Board scores included on the
Common Application cannot be considered official and will
not complete a student’s application.
Students whose first language is not English may be required to take an English language exam during the first week of classes if they are admitted to and enroll at Linfield. Upon receiving testing results, they may receive assistance from Linfield’s English Language and Culture Program (ELCP) for academic preparation before being admitted to a full load of academic courses.
- Mid-Year Report. Early Action candidates should not submit the Mid-Year Report until after 7th semester or 10th trimester grades have posted.
- Final Official Transcript. A final high school transcript, with graduation date, is required for all matriculating students. Registration and financial aid disbursement may be delayed if transcript is not received.
- If applying for need-based financial aid, complete the FAFSA. The McMinnville campus code number is 003198.