Jane F. Hall
Unit #243, Linfield College
Seeking position in writing, sales promotions, and event coordination
for a small public relations or destination management organization
in the Pacific Northwest.
- Edited student literary publication for grammar and style
- Assisted with copy selection, layout and paste-up; coordinated
printing and distribution
- Wrote and edited newsletter for campus interest group
- Used Pagemaker and Microsoft Word to compose correspondence
and produce flyers
- Waited on customers and was frequently asked for suggestions
on appropriate materials which resulted in increased sales
- Worked quickly and efficiently under pressure and maintained
friendly customer service.
- Handled many phases of customer service such as phone orders,
scheduling appointments, telephone inquiries, and inventory
- Event Coordination
- Coordinated travel arrangements, pre-event training, informational
workshops, fundraising, and publicity for annual three-day
- Arranged housing and meals for two hundred participants
- Planned and coordinated campus activities such as movies,
dances and special events
- Worked cooperatively with other board members to manage
and coordinate campuswide activities calendar
- West Bend Books, salesperson, summer 1998
- B & B of Portland, receptionist, summer 1997
- Better Buys, clerk, summer 1996
- Linfield College English Department, work/study secretary, 1996-1998
- Testmarketed Downpour, student literary magazine, 1996-97.
Sr. Editor, 1998-99
- Linfield College Program Board, member, 1996-98.
- B.A. English, Linfield College, 1999. Studies included one semester
in Vienna, Austria.
- Awarded Linfield Honor Scholarship, 1995-99, Michael J. Frey
- Scholarship and Linfield Faculty Scholarship
References available on request