Accounting recruiting takes place during September and October. Now is the time to prepare! Position postings, application information, and deadlines are posted on Cat Connect. And the staff in the Career Development office is here to help. All you have to do is ask!
Ten things to do NOW:
- Utilize Career Development staff to have your resume reviewed. Stop by the Career Hub in Walker 124 to meet with someone or set an appointment.
- Add September 14 to your calendar. It is an important deadline.
- Become familiar with Cat Connect. Use your CatNet ID and password to gain access. This will be your main source of accounting recruiting information. Here you will find firm contacts, position postings, and event information.
- Enhance your profile on Cat Connect. Make sure all information is complete and correct. Upload your final resumes, cover letters and unofficial transcript here.
- Research accounting firms. Talk to professors, talk with interns and recent alumni, and utilize Cat Connect to look at the position openings.
- Plan to attend the Meet the Firms event on campus. It is scheduled for Wednesday, September 5 from 11:45-1:15 in the West Wing of Dillin. Come for as much of the event as you can squeeze between your classes. Submit photo and profile information when you RSVP.
- Plan to attend the OSCPA Career Showcase Tuesday, September 25, 2012, at the Oregon Convention Center in the Portland Ballroom. Go to orcpa.org for more information and to register.
- Review your Linked In Profile. Spruce it up for accounting recruiting.
- Google yourself, and clean up your online presence as necessary.
- Select and iron your interview outfit. Get comfortable wearing it so you can relax and be yourself during networking events and interviews.
Please direct questions to Kristi Mackay at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to your advisor.