Career Development

Linfield Scenic
Linfield Home » Arts & Sciences » Career Development » On-Campus Employment

On-Campus Student Employment

Have you been awarded a Financial Aid Award for Campus Employment or Federal Work-Study?

If you don't know if you have a Financial Aid Award, log on to WebAdvisor, or contact the Office of Financial Aid (Melrose 105,, 503-883-2225).

Looking for Student Employment? It’s as easy as 1…2…3!

1.   Look at available positions on Cat Connect!

  • Sign in using your CatNet ID and password. If you're a current student, you are already registered; DO NOT create a new account.
  • Hover over the purple “Jobs, Internships, Leadership, & Volunteer positions” tab and select "Cat Connect-Linfield Approved Postings."
  • Search by "Position Type" to narrow your results (i.e. Student Employment On-Campus) and click "Search."

        Contact the Office for Career Development for questions on finding a job. (Melrose 010,, 503-883-2733)


2.   Apply for something that's of interest to you!

  • Apply for the position by following the instructions in the job description or by emailing the main contact if instructions aren't explicitly listed.
  • Be sure you have a current resume and cover letter; you'll need it when you apply for a position (The application button on some postings will not show up unless you have a resume uploaded in Cat Connect.)
  • If you have a Financial Aid Award, you are eligible to apply for jobs listed as "Student Employment On-Campus" and "Student Employment Off-Campus."

3.   Complete the necessary paperwork!

You will not be allowed to start work until you’ve submitted the following items to Human Resources (Melrose 102):         

  • Student Employment Referral Form(Open the form using Adobe Acrobat)
    • Once you've been offered and accepted a position, work with your supervisor to complete this form and submit to Human Resources (Melrose 102)
    • Please note that one Student Employment Referral Form is required for every job on campus; referral forms expire at the end of each academic year.
    • If you’ve worked on campus in the past, the forms listed below should be on file with the Office of Human Resources.  All you’ll need to do is turn in a referral form in Melrose 102.
  • Form W-4
  • Form I-9 Examples of acceptable identification needed for this form are listed on the last page of this document.  Bring the identification with you to Human Resources to complete the I-9.
  • Preventing Sexual Harassment Training Certificate of Completion
  • Preventing Employment Discrimination Training Certificate of Completion
  • Basic Safety Training Certificate of Completion

        Contact the Office of Human Resources for questions on the hiring paperwork. Melrose 102,, 503-883-2594

4.   Getting Paid!

Now that you’ve got a job, you’ll look forward to receiving your pay check!  Please note these important details:

  1. Record Your Time!  Ask your supervisor for specific instructions on how to record the hours you work.
  2. Supervisor Approval:  Timecards and/or TimeSaver© accounts for the current month must be signed off by your supervisor and submitted to Human Resources no later than the first business day of the following month.  Late timecards will delay our ability to pay you.
  3. Pay day is on the 10th of every month.  Your pay stub is delivered to your campus unit box on pay day.
  4. Go green!
  • Opting for direct deposit conserves natural resources, saving time and energy.  There’s no driving to the bank and standing in line; your money is automatically deposited into your checking or savings account on pay day.
  • By signing up for the self-service portal you can go completely paperless, viewing your paystubs through the portal. 
  • The portal also offers you the ability to retrieve your W2s and much more from any computer with internet access.

        Contact Sheryl Heston for questions on getting paid. (Melrose 102,, 503-883-2309)


  • Contact the Sheryl Heston for questions on getting paid. (Melrose 102,, 503-883-2309)