Requirements for Majors and Minors
You can choose from five Linfield business majors (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, and International Business or minors in Management, or Sport Management.
To ensure you’re prepared to tackle your chosen business major, you’ll complete three prerequisite classes, and seven* business core classes. Here are the details:
- MATH 140 Intro to Statistics OR equivalent
- MATH 160 Finite Math OR above
- ECON 210 Principles of Economics
Business Core Classes
- BUSN 260 Financial Accounting Prerequisite: MATH 105 or equivalent
- BUSN 261 Managerial Accounting Prerequisite: BUSN 260
- BUSN 340 Business Law I Prerequisite: ECON 210 and 30 units completed at registration and 45 units by the start of classes
- BUSN 301 Management Prerequisite: Sophomore standing
- BUSN 321 Marketing Prerequisite: BUSN 261, Econ 210 and 30 units completed at registration and 45 units by the start of classes
- BUSN 341 Financial Management** Prerequisite BUSN 261, ECON 210, Math 140 & MATH 160
- BUSN 495 Strategic Management * Prerequisite all core courses above completed
* We recommend you take this course the semester before BUSN 495 Strategic Management if you are a Marketing, Management or International Business major; for Finance majors, this is the prerequisite for your course electives.
** All majors EXCEPT Accounting are required to take BUSN 495.