Business Core Classes
To ensure you’re prepared to tackle your chosen business major, you’ll need to not only complete three prerequisite classes, but also seven business core classes. Here are the details:
Considering or have declared your major in business? These three prerequisite courses are crucial for you to complete, based upon a close review the core business courses below.
- MATH 140 Intro to Statistics OR equivalent
- MATH 160 Finite Math OR above
- ECON 210 Principles of Economics
As you plan your course schedules with your advisor, consider the order that you take these core business courses. Based upon your chosen business major you may want to take them in a specific order.
- BNAC 260 Financial Accounting
- BNAC 261 Managerial Accounting - Prerequisite: BNAC 260
- BNSS 340 Business Law I - Prerequisites: ECON 210, BNAC 260, & completion of 30 credit hours at time of registration, and 45 credits by the start of class.
- BNMG 310 Organizational Behavior & Mgmt. - Prerequisites: BNSS 250 or BNAC 260, & 30 credits at time of registration
- BNMK 321 Marketing - Prerequisites BNAC 261, Econ 210, & completion of 30 credit hours at time of registration, and 45 credits by the start of class.
- BNFN 341 Financial Management* - Prerequisites: BNAC 261, ECON 210, MATH 140 & MATH 160
- BNSS 495 Strategic Management - Senior standing with all other required business courses completed.
* We recommend you take this course the semester before BNSS 495 Strategic Management if you are a Marketing, Management, or International Business major; for Finance majors, this is the prerequisite for your course electives.