Jeffrey Brown - Instructional Associate
- B.A. Biology, Grinnell College
- Ph.D. Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Washington
- Postdoc, Stanford University
- Animal cell-to-cell signaling
- Interdisciplinary projects with engineers and quantiative chemists
- Pedagogical networks
Since I grew up in the small town of Wrangell, Alaska, much of my free time was spent outdoors: on the water, in the mountains, or on the rocky coast. While I was initially interested in organismal biology, I became fascinated with the mechanics of molecular biology and cell-to-cell communication in my first semester of college. I am particularly interested in cell-to-cell communication mediated by the Wnt family of secreted signaling proteins and their Frizzled receptors, especially in the context of embryo development.