Associated Students of Linfield College
Rental Program Guidelines
To check out equipment:
- Students must email the On Campus Chair (Emily Jenkins, email@example.com) and make an appointment during her office hours.
- Students must sign the Equipment Rental Agreement and list any existing damages on equipment.
- Students must pay by cash/check when they pick up the equipment (checks made out to ASLC).
To turn in equipment:
- Students must email Emily and set a time to return the equipment on the day it is due, even if Emily isn’t there.
- Equipment must be checked in by a trained Cabinet or LAB member.
- Any late fees must be paid when equipment is turned in and damage fees will be charged as well.
- If an item is turned in late, students have a 1 day grace period with no additional fees.
- After that, the fee per late day is equal to the normal nightly rate. A tent, for example, costs $8/day, so a tent that is turned in two days late would have an $8 late fee (grace period plus 1 extra late day), in addition to the $8 already paid when the equipment is picked up.
- Students can pay by cash or by check (made out to ASLC)
- If an item is damaged or dirty beyond typical use, additional fees may be charged.
- The damages will be evaluated to determine whether replacement is necessary.
- The student who signed the agreement will be held responsible for additional fees, regardless of any other students who may be involved.