The ASLC Cabinet is the executive branch of the Associated Students of Linfield College. Made up of two elected officers (President and Vice President) and seven officers appointed by the President and VP and approved by the ASLC Senate, the Cabinet is responsible for planning a variety of programs, representing the student body, and advising the Senate. Check out the links to the right to find out who your ASLC Cabinet is and when they're in the office or about some of the great programs they put on. Or, you can click on the links below to see some of the upcoming events. Have a suggestion or concern? Contact the Cabinet: HERE.
What do we do? Position descriptions
President - Trey Chiu, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Represent ASLC at official and social functions.
- Supervise the financially supported and related programs and activities of ASLC with final responsibility.
- Chair ASLC and Executive Cabinet.
- Be an ex officio member of the Linfield Activities Board.
- Represent students on the College Planning and Budget Council.
- Represent students at College faculty assembly meetings.
Vice President - Ivanna Tucker, email@example.com
- Preside over all Senate meetings.
- Assume the duties of the President in his/her absence.
- Chair the Senate Executive Committee and be a consultant to all Senators and Senate committees.
- Represent the students as a member of the Board of Trustees of Linfield College with all the rights and privileges thereof.
- Carry to the Board of Trustees student opinion and any ASLC legislation that may affect College policy.
- Report to the Senate and Cabinet on the meetings of the Board of Trustees.
VP of Business and Finance - Calvin Howell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collect all money accruing to ASLC and pay all authorized bills and warrants.
- Keep an accurate account of ASLC receipts and disbursements.
- Personally present a weekly financial report to the Senate.
- Supervise, with operational responsibility, the accounts and operation of all ASLC-funded organizations.
- Be on campus as needed during the summer to attend to ASLC business.
- Be a business or accounting major.
- Chair a committee of the President and Vice President to choose an assistant.
VP of Programming - Kacie Copeland, email@example.com
- Supervise a variety of fun, recreational, entertaining, and educational events and programs for the Linfield student community that foster communication, leadership, growth, and enjoyment with the advice of the Director of College Activities and the consent of the Linfield Activities Board.
- Appoint several board chairs with the advice of the Linfield Activities Board Selection Committee and the consent of the President.
- Chair the Linfield Activities Board.
- Have final responsibility on all events and full responsibility of those events not covered by the Linfield Activities Board chairs.
Secretary - Jessica Nolan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take minutes and roll at the Senate and Cabinet meetings.
- Duplicate and distribute the Senate minutes to Senators and to any member of ASLC upon request.
- Place a bound copy of the Senate business in the ASLC office at the end of the year.
- Verify all requirements of ASLC positions.
- Assist in the editing and distribution of the Student Handbook.
- Hire and supervise the ASLC System’s Operator, having final responsibility for all ASLC computers and technology planning.
- Plan and direct community service projects for the Cabinet.
- Plan ASLC Spring and Fall elections as needed, including:
- Receive and validate candidates’ petitions.
- Administer an objective written Bylaws test, one week prior to election.
- Prepare the official ballot.
- Supervise the counting of votes.
- Announce the election results.
- Distribute campaign rules to each candidate.
- Interpret and apply the election guidelines with final authority.
- Verify candidates’ standing with the College.
Club Director - Gabe Wells, email@example.com
- Preside over regularly scheduled Activities Council meetings.
- Maintain a current database of clubs and organizations.
- Be a resource for clubs during the funding process.
- Work with the Office of College Activities to help provide leadership assistance to all clubs and organizations.
- Work closely with the Office of College Activities regarding club communication, projects, and events.
- Be responsible for the organization of a club and organization information orientation during orientation week.
- Oversee the use and operation of the ASLC Club Room.
Publicity Director - Olivia Marovich, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hire and supervise publicity work study students.
- Oversee the publicity committee.
- Supervise and maintain all publicity materials.
- Make available publicity materials to students wishing to publicize an event.
- Publicize all ASLC sponsored events using all possible tools.
- Hire and supervise the ASLC Web Master and maintain the scrapbook.
IM Sports Director - Kaitlyn Stratton, email@example.com
- Oversee all ASLC sports activities; including intramural and clubs sports with final authority and provide a safe outlet for recreational sports.
- Appoint sports commissioners with the advice of a selection committee and the consent of the President.
- Chair weekly meetings of the sports commissioners.
- Handle all necessary communications between ASLC Sports and the College, including facilities, field reservations, and field maintenance.
- Purchase and maintain all intramural equipment.
- Maintain an on-going inventory of intramural equipment.
- Hire and supervise intramural work-study students.
Student Center Director - Isabella Porporato, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oversee the operation of the Game Room, Campus Information Center, and Bike Co-op.
- Supervise the maintenance of all Game Room, Campus Information Center, and Bike Co-op equipment.
- Hire and supervise Game Room, Campus Information Center, and Bike Co-op work study students and the Bike Co-op Manager.
- Distribute the ASLC employment policy.