Returning to Linfield
Are you a previous degree seeking student from the Linfield, McMinnville campus, who left the institution and now wish to return? If so this page will help you with connecting to your advisor and registering for classes as you plan your return Linfield.
Whether you took a leave of absence or withdrew from college, contact the Office of Admission first to verify re-admission and that all necessary paperwork is completed.
What to do Next
- Check in with the Office of Accounting and the Office of Financial Aid (if you are an aid recipient). Make sure these offices are aware of the date of your return, and that your account is clear.
- Contact Student Affairs to make arrangements for campus housing upon your return, or, if you are living off-campus, be sure to complete the appropriate paperwork.
- Does your Linfield email still work? Check to make sure that you can access Linfield email and WebAdvisor. Contact Integrated Technology Services for assistance. Please check your Linfield Email account regularly!
As a returning student, you are eligible to register for classes on the same registration schedule as current students, if there are no registration holds on your account. This means that to register, not only must you complete the steps listed above, you must also receive advising from and be cleared by your faculty advisor to register.
- Visit the Registrar's website to view the next semester's course offerings and registration schedule.
- Prepare for advising by drafting your course schedule for next semester. Use the program evaluation tool in WebAdvisor if you are unsure of what requirements you have not yet satisfied.
- Contact your faculty advisor. If you are unsure who your advisor is, or how to contact that person, contact the Office of Academic Advising.
- Consult your faculty advisor about your schedule. Ask your advisor to clear you to register via WebAdvisor and/or send an email to you indicating approval of your course schedule.
Once all account holds are removed, and you have been cleared to register, you may register one of two ways:
- Register yourself through WebAdvisor
- If you do not have regular access to the internet then you can Email the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with your proposed course schedule and a copy of the email from your advisor approving your schedule. The Registrar's Office will register you for those classes and follow-up with you if there are any questions or concerns.