Prerequisites and Eligibility Requirements for McMinnville Students
Requirements by Catolog Year:
Fall 2011- Spring 2012
Fall 2012 - Spring 2013
Fall 2013 - Spring 2014
Fall 2014 - Spring 2015
Fall 2015 - Spring 2016
Fall 2016 - Spring 2017
- For students who are progressing towards completion of academic requirements, admission decisions are contingent upon successful completion of all requirements prior to the program start.
- Linfield students currently enrolled on the McMinnville campus will be admitted to the nursing major pending space availability if they are in good standing at the college and meet all nursing application criteria. Currently there are a maximum 72 seats available each fall and spring semester. Admission will be competitive, based on college academic record and supporting application materials if there are more applicants than spaces available. Currently this is determined by prerequisite GPA. Those ranked with the higher GPA will be given priority for admission. Others will be placed on a waitlist. Students who are not admitted for the desired semester will be given priority for admission the following semester.
- McMinnville Campus students are required to submit a Linfield College Intercampus Nursing Application by the nursing application deadline.
- Completion of a minimum of 18 semester credits of nursing prerequisites (including a minimum 8 semester credits of lab science courses) is required at time of application.
- Students who have been denied admission to the School of Nursing from the general application pool are not eligible to gain entry to the Nursing major by establishing resident student status through enrollment at the McMinnville Campus. Such a student may only reapply for admission to the Nursing major through the general application pool.