Apply to be a Peer Advisor
The hiring process is currently underway for fall of 2017!
Apply via CatConnect using your Linfield CatNet ID. The position is listed as "Peer Advisor-Fall Colloquium." The application requires submission of a Cover Letter and Resume. Please read ALL application instructions carefully to ensure your application is complete.
Attendance at all of the following is mandatory.
- *PA Training Class: IDST 070 (1 para. cr.)-this class will begin after Spring Break (the week of March 27-31st) and will be on days/times that are determined based on all hired PAs’ spring course schedules. It will likely meet in the evenings, twice a week, for an hour each time. (March-May)
- PA and FA Workshop- 1-2 hrs (May)
- PA Check-In I- 30 mins, individual meeting with Academic Advising staff to identify learning outcomes to focus on for the year
- Distance Advising: the focus of this work is on helping new students get registered, primarily in June, while continuing to answer questions and helping students feel a sense of connection to the college as well as excitement for becoming a member of the community (May-Aug)
- PA Training- plan to keep this week free of all other commitments, specific times on these dates TBD (Aug 21-24, move back to campus Aug 18)
- New Student Orientation Weekend (Aug 25-27)
- Weekly meeting with Faculty Advisor-1 hr (Aug-Nov)
- *PA In-service Class: IDST 072 (1 para cr) (Aug-Nov)
- Weekly Colloquium class- 1 hr (Aug-Nov)
- One on one advising- 16 hrs, at least two meetings with each of your students (Sept-Oct)
- PA Check-In II: individual meeting with Academic Advising staff to check progress on learning outcomes (Sept-Oct)
- PA Check-In III: individual meeting Academic Advising staff for final learning outcome reflection (Nov-Dec)
- One on one advising- 8 hours, at least one meeting with each of your students (Spring)
Required Qualifications and Compensation:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Passion for helping new students get integrated within Linfield
- Ability to work well with peers, new students, and faculty
- Demonstrate involvement on campus or in the community
- Enthusiasm about Linfield and the value of Colloquium
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75. GPA will be checked upon submission of application materials.
- Students studying abroad for spring of 2017 are not eligible for this position.
- $750.00 stipend for first-time Peer Advisors to be paid in two separate transactions in the fall
- $800.00 stipend for returning Peer Advisors to be paid in two separate transactions in the fall
Questions? Contact Academic Advising:
503-883-2250 firstname.lastname@example.org Melrose 010 8am-5pm M-F