Login to WebAdvisor to register. You will not be able to register unless: 1) your advisor has approved your schedule and 2) you have completed the Emergency Notification Info form and the Measles Vaccination Authentication form.
Follow the directions below to put your courses in your ‘Preferred Sections’. The 'Preferred Sections' is like an online shopping cart for courses. You fill it with the courses that you want and once you are approved for registration by your advisor, you can easily register (or to extend the analogy, purchase from the cart). Begin filling your 'Preferred Sections' with courses whenever you are ready. However, you will not be enrolled in these courses until you complete the registration process after your advisor has cleared you to do so. As with your online shopping cart, putting courses in your 'Preferred Sections' does not guarantee their availability when you actually register.
3. On the next screen, click on “Search and Register for Sections.”
4. Next, enter the search information using the dropdown menu. Do Not complete every section of the "Search/Register for Sections form. Rather, only enter the term (FALL 2012) and Subject (department offering the course) as shown below. To narrow your search, you may also enter the course number. When you are finished, click "Submit" at bottom of page.
5. The next screen will show a list of courses matching your search criteria. Scan the list for the course section name that you want, carefully noting the meeting information and availability. Check the box next to the course you want (as shown below) and then click “Submit” on the bottom of the page.
6. The next screen will show the course you selected has been placed in your “Preferred Sections.” Repeat the process to fill your "Preferred Sections" with your first-choice courses.
Once approved, or cleared, by your faculty advisor to regster, go to your "Preferred Sections" and complete the registration process as shown below. Upon registering, you may find that some of the courses in your 'Preferred Sections' are full (check the capacity information on the right) or prerequisites have not been met.
If you have already filled your 'Preferred Sections,' follow these instructions to complete registration once the system opens for you:
8. Click “Submit” at the bottom of the screen
On the next screen, you will see the courses that have registered for in the current registration section below "Preferred Sections." A message will appear at the top of the screen if there were any errors in your registration (e.g. two course times conflict with each other, one or more courses are full, or you have not met the prerequisites for one or more courses). In such cases, you will need to revise your schedule and add alternative courses to your "Preferred Sections," then complete the registration process. Be sure to register for a minimum of 12 credits!
If you wish to register for a course that is full, you can add yourself to the waitlist for the course by selecting the “waitlist” option on the “Action” dropdown menu for the class and click “Submit.” If space becomes available in the course, you will be contacted via email by the Registrar’s Office. Check your Linfield email account frequently. Once the Registrar's Office has contacted you, you will have three days to adjust your course schedule and register for the waitlisted course. If you do not take action within the three days, the space in the course will be offered to another student on the waitlist.
5. Your course schedule will appear; review it carefully and print a copy for your records. WebAdvisor will remain open throughout the summer to allow you to make changes to your schedule, however note that as the summer progresses, courses will fill up. Click on the “Log Out” tab at the top center of the page
Congratulations! You are now registered for Fall 2012.