Register for classes online using WebAdvisor
Login to WebAdvisor to register. You will not be able to register unless: 1) your advisor has approved your schedule and 2) you have completed the Emergency Notification form.
Select courses and put them in your 'Preferred Sections' in WebAdvisor.
- Click on the blue “Students” link on the right of the screen
- Under “Registration” click on the “Register for Sections”
- Click on “Search and Register for Sections”
- Using the dropdown menu, select the appropriate term (e.g.: FALL 2011 or SPRING 2012)
- Click on the dropdown “Subject” menu and choose the department offering one of the classes you wish to take (e.g.: History)
- This is sufficient information to search for your class. Click Submit at bottom of page
Selecting the class
- Now you will see a list of all the classes offered by that department. Look for your class, carefully noting times, section name and title and availability.
- When you’ve found your class, click on the white box under “Select” on the left of the class and then click “Submit” on the bottom of the page.
3. This class is now placed in your “Preferred Sections.”
4. Repeat these steps to fill your “Preferred Sections” with all the classes you wish to register for.
Registering the classes in your Preferred Sections
After Registration time opens:
- Click on the “Students” link
- Under “Registration” click on the “Register for Sections” link
- Click on “Register for Previously Selected Sections”
- Under “Preferred Sections” you should see all the courses you previously selected
- The “Action” column on the left contains a dropdown menu for each class. Choose “RG Register” to register for all the classes you want
- At the bottom of the page, make sure that the bottom dropdown menu states “PART Complete only available”. (This lets the computer register the classes that are available even if there are some in your preferred list that are not). Click “Submit”
7. After 30-60 seconds, a list of the classes in which you have successfully registered appear with the title “Current Registrations”
8. You will not be able to register in a course that is closed. If you wish to add yourself to the waitlist for the course, select “waitlist” on the “Action” dropdown menu for the class and click “Submit.” Register for an alternate course to complete your schedule. You will be contacted by the Registrar’s Office if there is an opening in a course for which you are waitlisted. Check your Linfield email account frequently.
View your course schedule
- Go back to the “Student’s Menu” page
- Under “Registration” click on “My Class Schedule”
- Select the term you registered for (e.g. FALL 2011 or Spring 2012)
- Your course schedule will appear; review it carefully. WebAdvisor will remain open through the second day of class in the Spring semester to allow you to make changes to your schedule.
- Click on the “Log Out” tab at the top center of the page
Congratulations! You are now registered for Spring 2012. Register for at least 12 credits for scholarships and financial aid.