Set Up Your CatNet Password
You will need to set your CatNet password to access your Linfield email account and sign in to Linfield’s online web registration system called WebAdvisor.
As a new Linfield student, you should have received an email sent to your non-linfield email address (the one you used when you applied). That message contained your username and Colleague ID number. You will need that information to complete the steps below.
If you did not receive this email, please contact the Linfield ITS Support Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to locate that information for you.
Once you have your ID info, please follow these instructions:
- Access WebAdvisor (webadvisor.linfield.edu)
- Click on "What’s My Password" (lower right menu)
- Select "Reset my password" (Yes, even if this is your first time!)
- Enter your last name and your Colleague ID number
- WebAdvisor will return a list of email addresses, including a non-Linfield email address
- Choose the non-Linfield email and click "Submit"
- An email with your temporary password will be sent to the email address you selected. Check your email to retrieve your temporary password.
- Login to WebAdvisor with your temporary password. You will be prompted to change your password immediately.
The requirements for a new password are as follows:
- Minimum length: 8 characters
- Maximum length: 24 characters
- At least one uppercase letter
- At least one lower case letter
- At least one number
- You can use non-alphanumeric characters (not required) except for the following:; \ ? : @ & = < >