Health, Wellness and Counseling Center
Walker Hall 103
The Health Center is primarily staffed by board certified nurse practitioners in consultation with the Medical Director Dr. Eriksen. Health promotion and prevention programming is available through the Health Educator. The services are provided by Physicians' Medical Center through a contract with Linfield College. Our emphasis is on health promotion as well as treatment of specific medical problems.
Services available to students:
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute/chronic illnesses, physical exams, nutritional evaluations, mental health screenings
- Short-term individual and group counseling for developmental concerns such as homesickness, problems with others, learning effective interpersonal and communication skills, sexual identity questions and developing one’s own identity separate from family
- Short-term counseling for psychological concerns such as depression and low self-esteem, grief, recovering from traumatic incidents, eating disorders, anxiety and substance abuse
- Consultation with students, staff, friends, family members
- Campus-wide educational outreach efforts in the area of student health promotion
- Training of Residence Life staff, academic advisors, etc.
- Campus workshops and presentations to residence halls, athletic teams, fraternities/sororities, etc.
- Students are encouraged to schedule medical and counseling appointments by calling the department scheduler at x2535, or coming in person to Walker 103. Walk-in or same day appointments may be available but are limited by provider’s schedules and client/patient load. Emergencies are seen on a priority basis.
Health Services Staff:
- Jacqueline Eriksen M.D., Medical Director
- Patricia Haddeland, C.P.N.P., Clinic Coordinator
- Jenniffer Wilson, F.N.P.
- Julie Burns, C.P.N.P.
- Sally Godard, M.D.
- Jennifer Scott, R.D.
- Patti Bertrand, Office Manager
- Adria Godon-Bynum, MPH, Coordinator of Student Health & Wellness Programming
- Marilyn MacGregor, Ph.D.
- Dawn J. Williamson, MSW, LCSW
- Suzannah Stotts, MA
- Amy Halloran-Steiner, MSW, LCSW