Community Engagement & Service
Community Engagement & Service at Linfield College promotes student learning, development, and civic responsibility through co-curricular and curricular service opportunities.
In fulfillment of the mission of Linfield College, “Connecting Learning, Life, and Community,” we aim to:
- Connect Linfield students as members of the campus, community, and global society
- Bridge students’ theoretical and practical knowledge through experiential learning opportunities
- Foster critical thinking, problem solving, and multi-cultural competencies, and
- Empower students to become engaged citizens and agents of social and environmental change
Our office supports students on their journey toward civic engagement by maintaining partnerships with over 100 community-based organizations; offering community service consultation to individual students, groups, and faculty; and sponsoring numerous Community Service programs and events.
Services and opportunities available to students:
- Individual and group consultations for: identifying and connecting to community-based organizations; exploring community service and service-learning opportunities; planning volunteer projects; learning about social and environmental justice issues; applying for post-graduate service opportunities and more.
- Facilitated community service programming including alternative spring break service immersions, national days of service, RISE mentoring program, and other ongoing service activities throughout the year.
- Student leadership opportunities and training including Change Corps, First CLAS, project leader orientation, workshops, and more.
- Sponsored programming to increase awareness of social and environmental justice issues including Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week and other educational panels.
- An online volunteer opportunities database.
- Annual DIVE Fair co-sponsored with Career Development.
- A resource library that includes current books and materials on community service, student leadership, international volunteering, and post-graduate service opportunities such as AmeriCorps and Peace Corps.
Connecting with us:
- Students can visit the office M-F, 8am-5pm, to explore resources and learn about opportunities to get involved in the McMinnville community and beyond. Walk-in hours for individual appointments are available every afternoon.
For more information about these and other services and programs, schedule of events, and online opportunities database, visit our website: www.linfield.edu/serve and like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LinfieldChange