Prerequisites and Requirements for Linfield Study Abroad Programs
Students must have successfully completed at least one semester at Linfield before applying.
Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 to be considered for any semester/year or January Term program. (program/location-specific requirements are noted below)
For all programs requiring a language, students must have a 3.0 average in that language at the time of application.
Applicants must be in good academic and social standing to be considered for any program.
Program-Specific Requirements and Prerequisites: (2.75 min. GPA unless specified otherwise)
- Australia: GPA of 3.0 required.
- Austria: GPA of 3.0 required in language courses; minimum of one year of college level German language (2 years preferred). There is also an English Language Track requiring no previous language.
- Beijing: GPA of 3.2 and minimum of one year of college level Chinese is required
- Costa Rica: Minimum of one year of college level Spanish required (2 years preferred)
- Ecuador: Quito: GPA of 2.75 required, 3.0 preferred; minimum of 2 years of college level Spanish required. Galapagos: minimum of one year of college level Spanish, a course in general biology and a course in ecology required
- England: GPA of 3.2 required
- France: Angers: minimum of one year of college level French required. Aix-en-Provence or Marseilles: minimum of two years of college level French required. Aix-en-Provence: Institute of American University Honors program; requires 2 yrs. college level French
- Germany: Nürtingen-Geislingen: no language prerequisites, but students are encouraged to take German beforehand. Especially appropriate for business students. Heidelberg: for German language majors only
- Hong Kong: Meeting overall requirements above; no language prerequisites
- Ireland: GPA of 3.0 required
- Japan: Kanto Gakuin University: Two years of college level Japanese preferred. Rikkyo University, Aoyama Gakuen, Doshisha University: Two years of college level Japanese required; normally open to majors only or by special permission from the Modern Languages Department
- Korea: Meeting overall requirements above; no language prerequisites
- New Zealand: GPA of 3.0 required
- Norway: GPA of 3.0 preferred; no language prerequisites
- Spain: Majors only; minimum of 2 years of college level Spanish required; 3.0 GPA required for Barcelona
- Senegal: Fall in Dakar for Francophone African Studies minor. Full Year, Begin in Dakar and complete in St. Louis for Francophone/African Studies majors; For both programs: min. of 2 years of college-level French