Academic Engagement and Support
There are many resources and services available on campus to assist students in their academic pursuits and help them resolve problems they may encounter. Follow the links to the right to find out more about these services.
- Learning Support Services, Melrose 020: Learning Support Services offers study sessions and tutoring with peers and staff. A learning skills class, IDST 010, is also offered.
- The Office for Career Development, Melrose 010: The Office for Career Development assists students in career and life planning. The office also offers assistance in resume writing, job-search techniques, and researching graduate schools. The office also helps students find internships in their area of interest.
- The Community Engagement and Service Office, Riley Center 301: The Community Engagement and Service Office offers opportunities for students to get involved with community non-profits and agencies. Alternative spring break programs are also offered through this office. Visit the Director of Community Engagement and Service, Jessica Wade, for more information.
- Multicultural Programs, Riley Center 301: Multicultural Programs can provide additional support and a meeting place for students. Visit Jason Rodriquez for more information.
- Counseling Services, Walker 103: Ask questions or discuss problems in a confidential atmosphere with one of the counselors. Visit the center to get help or seek advice for dealing with someone else, too.
- The Speaking Center, Nicholson Library 184: Students work with volunteer peer tutors to improve speaking assignments and general oral communication.
- The Writing Center, second floor of TJ Day Hall: Student writers are matched with trained student readers in a collaborative effort to help writers make progress on a particular writing assignment.
- Nicholson Library: Students have access to the 155,000 items in the building. The library offers many other means of accessing over 27 million items to assist you in your research and studies.
- The International Programs Office, Walker 120: The International Programs Office provides information to U.S. students about opportunities for study and internships abroad. The office also provides assistance to international students studying at Linfield.