An Interdisciplinary Major Housed
in the Department of Theatre and Communication Arts
TCA Chair and Transfer Advisor:
Brenda DeVore Marshall
First-Year Student Contact: Brenda
DeVore Marshall or Jackson Miller (Communication Arts Professors) or Janet Gupton (Colloquium Advisor)
- INQS 125--Inquiry Seminar. 4 credits.
- Modern Language
course. To meet
requirements for B.A. degree and study abroad. 4 credits.
or SPRING SEMESTER
- TCCA 130 Interpersonal Communication - An introduction
to the study of face-to-face communication between individuals. 3 credits. (IS) Offered each fall and spring
- TCCA 230 Intercultural Communication: Global
Perspectives - Theory and
practice of human communication in a multicultural world. Focus on global
perspectives. 3 credits. (IS or GP)
Offered each fall and spring semester. This course is
recommended for students planning to study abroad.
- ANT 111--Cultural-Social Anthropology - Anthropological
study of culture and society. 4 credits. (IS or GP)
- Modern Language course. To meet requirements for B.A.
degree and study abroad. 4 credits
- Modern Language Course. Second course to meet requirements for B.A. degree and study abroad. 4 credits
GUIDELINES FOR SECOND-YEAR STUDENTS
- TCCA 255 Foundational Theories and Communication - An introduction to
communication and rhetorical theory focusing on how humans use symbols to
interact with others. 3 credits. (UQ)
Offered fall semester only.
- TCCA 220 Performing Literature - Analysis and
performance of selections from various literary genres. Focus on literature by
U.S. minority authors. 3 credits. (CS or US) Offered spring semester only.
- TCCA 233 Multicultural Communication in the United
States - Theory and practice of human communication in a
multicultural world. Emphasis on dynamics of human interaction within and
across co-cultures in the United states. 3 credits. (IS or US) Offered spring semester only.
OTHER MAJOR SPECIFIC ADVISING INFORMATION
Communication majors should attend required majors conferences scheduled during
the fall (group meeting) and spring (individual meetings) for advising
- Due to
the course rotation schedule in Communication Arts, it is important for
prospective majors in Intercultural Communication to meet with a Communication
Arts faculty member as early as possible in their Linfield career.