TaskStream Instructions 2012-2013
Recall that students who entered Linfield Fall 2010 or later must upload exemplars and supporting work to satisfy the requirements for any course taken at Linfield for which they wish to earn LC credit. In addition, any student entering Linfield Fall 2011 or later must submit exemplars and supporting work for any transfer course for which they wish to earn LC credit. Note that students need only go through this process if they only wish to apply that course to their Linfield Curriculum requirements. The system that we are now using is called TaskStream. This system is much more user-friendly than Blackboard for the purposes of uploading work. Detailed instructions are provided below, but it is important to note that the system itself is relatively self-explanatory.
How to upload to TaskStream:
- Go to www.linfield.edu/taskstream.
- Enter your Catnet ID and password. This will take you to the TaskStream website.
- Select "Linfield Curriculum."
- Select the LC for which you are submitting exemplars from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click on "Exemplar(s) and Supporting Work."
- Click on the type of attachment you will be uploading at the bottom of the window. Most of the time this will simply be "Attachments" but it may be "Text & Image," "Slideshow," "Videos," or "Links." Note: Each file attachment is limited to 50 MBs. Videos can be up to 100 MBs. For slideshows, each slide must be limited to 2 MBs. Finally, each student is limited to a maximum of 2 GBs for all LCs in total.
- Follow the instructions to upload each of your documents (exemplars).
- When you have uploaded each of your documents, click "Save and Return."
- Locate the Form: LC* Requirements and click on "complete this form."*Each form is listed according to its LC designation.
10. Follow the instructions on the form:
- Course Location: Choose the location where the course was taken.
- Course Subject Code: Input the four-letter course code, or select "Transfer Course" if the course was taken at another institution. If you selected "Transfer Course," input the course letters for the course you took in the text box.
- Course Number: Input the course number.
- Course Name: Provide the name of the course.
- Year Course Was Taken: Select the year from the drop down menu. If the year is prior to 2004, then input the year the course was taken in the text box.
- Class Standing: Select your class standing when you took the course.
- Term Course Was Taken: Select the term in which the course was completed.
- Learning Outcomes: Select all learning outcomes that apply for this course. These are listed in the course syllabus for courses taken at Linfield. If this is a transfer course, check all that apply and also select "Transfer Course."
- Description of Assignment: Provide a detailed description of the assignment (or assignments) for which you are submitting your exemplar(s). For example, if you are submitting a paper, provide the question or instructions provided by your instructor.
- Supporting Description of Exemplars: Describe how the exemplars provide evidence of meeting the learning outcomes selected above for the specific Linfield Curriculum requirement. Clearly explain which learning outcomes are associated with each. You should cut and paste from a word document that you have saved.
- You may want to print a copy for your records.
- When you are done: click on "Save and Return" taking you back to the previous page.
- Be sure to click "Submit" in the top right hand corner when you have completed your form.