To make the most of your time on campus, students are invited to stay overnight with a current student host in a residence hall. Overnight visits will be available from Friday, February 14 through Sunday, February 16. We may be able to accommodate a limited number of students for multiple nights, if necessary, and students spending multiple nights on campus will most likely be assigned the same overnight host. Overnight visits are free of charge and all meals will be provided.
Students must make their overnight request on the Competitive Scholarship Day RSVP form. Students who complete the form by February 10 will be given priority for overnights, and all requests will be honored.
You will most likely sleep on the floor of your host’s room and will need to bring a sleeping bag, pillow, towel and personal items. You may wish to bring a bed roll/mattress pad. A bed pack (sheets, blanket, towel and pillow) may be requested on the RSVP form or by contacting the Office of Admission at 800.640.2287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All student overnight guests must sign an overnight visitor contract. You are welcome to print it out and bring the completed copy with you to campus. Extra copies will be available at the time of check in.
We are unable to accommodate parents or families for overnight arrangements in the residence halls. A listing of local accommodations may be found at linfield.edu/sleeptight.
Friday, February 14 Information
- Priority for Friday overnight stays will be given to students arriving from out of the country or Hawaii.
- Students who plan to use the Linfield-sponsored airport shuttle on February 14 from PDX to Linfield should review the shuttle departure time. The airport shuttle will arrive to Linfield at approximately midnight. Students will be dropped off at their host’s residence hall and introduced.
- Students not riding the Linfield-sponsored airport shuttle must make arrangements to meet their student host through the Office of Admission. Our office may be contacted at 800.640.2287 or email@example.com.
- Meal vouchers for Saturday brunch and dinner will be provided.
Saturday, February 15 Information
- Plan to arrive at Fred Meyer Lounge, located in Riley Campus Center (building #2 on the campus map), between 4:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. If you need to arrive at any other time, please notify the Office of Admission at 800.640.2287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will introduce you to your current student overnight host and review the activities for Sunday.
- Students taking the Linfield-sponsored airport shuttle #2, departing from PDX at 3:30 p.m., will arrive at Linfield at approximately 5:00 p.m. and will be introduced to their host upon arrival.
- Meal vouchers will be provided for dinner on Saturday and all meals on Sunday.
Sunday, February 16 Information
- We will introduce you to your current student overnight host beginning at 4:30 p.m. in Wilson Gym after the Academic Fair.
- Meal vouchers for dinner on Sunday and breakfast & lunch on Monday will be provided.