Campus Overnight Information
Overnight hosts are available for students traveling alone from outside the region who need accommodations on campus. Hosts are available February 12, 13 and 14. Overnight visits are free of charge and all meals will be provided. We are able to accommodate a limited number of students each night and we are unable to accommodate parents or families in our residence halls.
If you need overnight accommodations, please email your request to email@example.com and indicate:
- Your name and Linfield ID number (found on your invitation letter)
- The date(s) you need accommodations
- If you need airport transportation and preferred shuttles (see the shuttle schedule, please include your arrival and departure flight information)
- If you need a bed pack (includes sheets, blanket, pillow, towel and washcloth)
Students will be notified as soon as possible to confirm availability. Priority will be given to students who RSVP by February 5.
We invite all other students interested in spending the night on campus as part of their visit experience to return to campus in April for our Spring Visit Day program.
All student overnight guests must sign an overnight visitor contract. You are welcome to print it out and bring the completed copy with you to campus. Extra copies will be available at the time of check in.
We are unable to accommodate parents or families for overnight arrangements in the residence halls. View a listing of local accommodations.
Friday, February 12 Information
- Priority for Friday overnight stays will be given to students arriving from out of the country or Hawaii.
- Students must make arrangements to meet their student host through the Office of Admission. Our office may be contacted at 800.640.2287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meal vouchers for Saturday brunch and dinner will be provided.
Saturday, February 13 Information
- Plan to arrive at Fred Meyer Lounge, located in Riley Campus Center (building #2 on the campus map), between 4:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. If you need to arrive at any other time, please notify the Office of Admission at 800.640.2287 or email@example.com.
- We will introduce you to your current student overnight host and review the activities for Sunday.
- Students taking the Linfield-sponsored airport shuttle #1, departing from PDX at 3:30 p.m., will arrive at Linfield at approximately 5:00 p.m. and will be introduced to their host upon arrival.
- Meal vouchers will be provided for dinner on Saturday and all meals on Sunday.
Sunday, February 14 Information
- We will introduce you to your current student overnight host beginning at 5:00 p.m. after the Academic Fair.
- Meal vouchers for dinner on Sunday and breakfast & lunch on Monday will be provided.