Step Four: Set up your Linfield CatNet & WebAdvisor account
There are a few technological necessities for any successful college student – Internet access, an email account and, for most, a personal computer. Here’s what you need to access important registration information.
Set up your CatNet ID
As a new student, you must create a CatNet ID after you pay the matriculation fee. The CatNet ID is your Linfield email and allows you to log into the WebAdvisor system.
- Go to linfield.edu/catnet. Your Student ID number or social security number is required. Your CatNet account (and email address) is typically your first initial followed by up to nine letters of your last name followed by @linfield.edu. Please make note of the CatNet account assigned to you and your password.
- WebMail, Linfield’s email system is located at http://mail.linfield.edu. You’ll be prompted for your user name (your CatNet ID) and password.
Access your WebAdvisor
WebAdvisor is the online system you’ll use to register for classes and clear your account. If you set up a “Check my Application” account during the application process and used a temporary login and password, you will now need to use your new CatNet ID and password to login to WebAdvisor.
- To access WebAdvisor, first create a CatNet account. The
following morning (24 hours later) your WebAdvisor account will update and be
- Go to webadvisor.linfield.edu and login using your CatNet
- Find the Student link on the WebAdvisor menu and complete your summer assignments. You will use this account to register for classes and pay your bill.
Important! While you’re online:
Fill out the academic interest survey by June 15 in order to be assigned a faculty advisor. You must have a faculty advisor approve your course schedule in order to register for classes. Transfer students will need to fill out the transfer academic interest survey. This is the first of several steps to registering for classes.
Mac or PC? Yep.
Linfield supports both Macintosh (Mac) and Windows (PC) platforms. System recommendations are available from Linfield's Integrated Technology Services.