Dana: Weekend Family Fun, Lu’au, and upcoming exams

Hello again!

It’s already May, and I’m not sure how, but everyone else seems to be on the same page as me in disbelief. I have a few very close friends graduating this year, so I am starting my goodbye letters, and graduation presents now.¬† This year I will be able to attend graduation, as my RA contract does not end until the Monday after school gets out. I will be going to a few graduation celebrations as well, so it will be a sad/happy time.

These next couple weeks are a little crazy for me, as my classes are shoving in one last exam before finals, as well as desperately trying to memorize a decently long script for my acting class. I had my American Politics midterm this afternoon, and I am glad that is over with. I think it went well.

Last weekend was Mom’s weekend and while my mom didn’t come up, my good friend’s mom and sister came up, so it was great spending a bit of time with them, as well as attending the Lu’au with them!! The Lu’au was a fantastic experience, with so much talent expressed. It was wonderful to see the Hawaiian culture within the dances, and FOUR of my residents on my floor were in some of the dances! :) Also,¬†three of my Co-Ras were in many of the dances as well as MC’ed the show. Check out the electronic version of our Linfield Review to see some picture¬†from the event.

This weekend my hall is going to Vineyard Heights Care home in McMinnville, for a fun Saturday morning of Bingo with the residents and just visit time. I have two friends there, that I can’t wait to surprise and see! One just turned 99! Service is a big part of Linfield’s campus, and each event I’ve been apart of has encouraged me to look at the world a different way, or be inspired to do more service like this event this Saturday! Our Previous MLK Jr Service Day I went to Vineyard Heights, and I can’t wait to be back!

Also, this Thursday is Linfield’s ZUMBATHON! It’s neon themed so get ready to be blinded. It’s going to be a massive party in the gym, with lots of dancing and fun happening.

image001

What are your May plans?