Kiera: April Showers Bring May Flowers

Hi Everyone!!

Happy Friday.  I was happy to get some R&R last weekend and have an easier week.  Our Spring Visit Day last week was great!!  I love getting to meet students who are interested in Linfield and being able to answer questions and tell you all about life here on campus.

April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month so we’ve had various activities happening and this past Tuesday we had a speaker come and talk about the why it is important in having men involved in sexual assault awareness.  Yesterday was our Take Back the Night event and it was a big success.

Tomorrow I am running my first 10k.  I am really excited and a little nervous, but my running buddy and good friend is going to be there to support me so it is going to be awesome!!  I hope there is a little burst of sunshine, but I am not opposed to a little rain having grown up in Oregon.

Next week is housing registration.  So what does that mean?  Well, housing registration has been on all of our minds.  We get to pick our roommate, which building/apartment complex we want to live in and in which room/apartment specifically.  It takes place over three days, one day for suburbs doubles and quads, one day for suburbs triples and residence halls singles and triples, and one day for residence hall doubles.  Housing registration goes by total number of credits, so the more credits you have, the more likely you are to get your first pick.

I hope you all have a great weekend!!