Dana: I love Spring, Spring is my favorite.

Hello!!

I am back from a very wonderful Spring Break, I am one year wiser, and ready for less than only TWO MONTHS left of the school year. I’m telling you, when you go to college, time is a very very different thing. It really flew by. I have an entire theory on why this is, but let me not bore you, I will save that for another day. ;)

Upcoming exciting events in my Linfield world!!

For my acting class, I am memorizing my first monologue.  While I was slightly panicking about this earlier because I found out TODAY I needed it memorized by tomorrow, I am very excited about learning about myself through the monologue. It is very emotional too, so we will see how it is transformed.

The Spring Play is coming up, and Linfield is performing, The Importance of Being Earnest, by Oscar Wilde. I am such a fan of Linfield Theatre. I have raved about their talent plenty of times here before, but I am oh so excited about it.

Easter is also coming up! My great friend here is from Seattle, and her and I are going to her home to surprise her mom for Easter weekend!! I love surprises so much, and cannot wait for it. She has no idea. It is so fun when you move to a new place, with people who are from all over the country/world because if you are lucky enough you can visit their home! Last Spring I went to Seattle for the first time with the same friend, and it was my fist time in Washington.

This Sunday is my half marathon that I have been training for since December. I am so, so nervous and excited about it. There is nothing I can do with my training now, but it’s hard not to look back and wish I did more or something different. My family is coming up to see me race, AND bringing my puppy, Enzo! I am so excited to see my parents, sister and my baby.

enzo

I will be super busy this weekend with my race and family, so this week I am trying to get ahead on studying for next weeks midterms, and a final essay due! It’s a little crazy making, but hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to accomplish most of what I need to do.

Can we briefly talk about weather? Coming from technically California, I get asked how I like the weather here in McMinnville, OR.  Let me tell you, as soon as it turns Fall, Winter, OR Spring, I LOVE IT. I really do love the weather here. After living on the coast my entire life, getting seasons is so fun! We just simply don’t get much past 68 degrees ever all year back home, so when it’s 72 degrees during the start of Spring, I just love it. Oregonians like to constantly complain about the weather, and they are almost proud of how much it rains, yet we forget to see how GORGEOUS our fall is, and how warm some days are in the Spring. The summer it gets very warm even too. So don’t worry, it does not just only rain here. It rains enough to keep things green, and hydrated, but get beautiful days too. :)

With my family visiting, my sister is very excited to visit her two favorite places in McMinnville. First, Thai Country Restaurant. We went there together for my birthday last year, and it really is a must when you visit McMinnville. My family will be headed there on Friday for dinner. The next place is  New to You. It is a huge consignment store in McMinnville, the biggest store they have in Oregon. While I am desperately saving my money, I may just have to there and check out there ever changing inventory!

Lots to look forward this week, next week and the next!!!

Until Next Time,

Dana