Kyra: Spring Break and Sentimentality

I remember my very first spring break at Linfield–I took my friend, Annika, home with me, and we spent the day in Portland before heading off to see our families. Now, we’re roommates, share an apartment, and we’re graduating in what seems like just a few short weeks. It’s amazing look to look at myself then and see how far we’ve all come! College really changes you in unexpected ways–you expect the rigor, the newness of starting out on your own, the strange process of figuring out who you are etc. What I didn’t realize then, and am beginning to realize now, as I approach the conclusion of my undergraduate studies, is just how much these things are constantly in flux–and that’s what makes the college experience so valuable.

For my very last spring break here at Linfield, I split my week in two. I spent the majority of the week back home with my family, whom I haven’t been able to see in a while, and the second half with Robin, traveling up and down the coast. It was the perfect way to take a break from the chaos of my thesis and just enjoy March.

My little sister and I! She’s a sophomore in college now, and just landed a lead in her school’s new play!

My mom and I :)

I went over to my Aunty Pam’s house and made malasadas! It’s a fried Portugese donut….so good!

View from a veteran memorial park in Astoria, it turned out to be a beautiful day on the coast

Robin and I at Seaside :)

Being Indiana Jones is harder than it looks

The long drive home!