Kevin: ACS Dallas 2014

The 247th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society was a huge success. We had a number of students give fantastic poster presentations, and my oral presentation was very well received. We attended a number of interesting research talks from people all over the country and networked with a number of people in the Chemistry community. I’ve attended two of these national meetings now and this trip only solidified for me that this is something that I want to do for the rest of my life. I am very grateful to Linfield for having such amazing opportunities of which students are able to take advantage. They exist all across the board in numerous departments and are one of the many reasons why Linfield stands above the rest in terms of the quality of education provided for students. I’ll keep things rather short today and just end with some pictures from the conference. I’m off to Arizona for spring break to see some MLB Spring Training games, and I’m sure I’ll be writing about that when I get back. Stay tuned!

Til next time,

Kevin

This is my serious presentation face.

This is my serious presentation face.

View of Mt. Adams as we flew back in to Portland

View of downtown Dallas from the pool terrace at our hotel.

It was raining in Dallas when we landed, not the weather I packed for!