Kiera: Busy Bees

My first exams seems to have gone well.  The semester always seems to pick up speed after the first exam.  With lots of homework, another exam coming up and all sorts of activities going on there is plenty to keep one busy.  I like that it is starting to warm up and that it is sunny out more!!

Tonight there is a Celtic Prayer Service in celebration of St. Patrick’s day!!  There is a lecture this Thursday that sounds really interesting.  It is called Limits of Power: the End of American Exceptionalism and it will be given by Andrew Bacevich who is a political scientist and specializes in American foreign policy among other related topics.  This Friday is also Pi Day and there is going  to be a 3.14 mile run in celebration, which I will be running in!! and this run is also kicking off the Wildcat Games.  The Wildcat Games is a health and wellness competition between the residence halls.  For one week all of the residents will be able to do different activity such as eating vegetables for dinner, going for a 20 minute run or drinking 8 cups of water throughout the day to earn points for their hall.  At the end of the week the a representative from the two halls with the highest points will compete in a final take down with various short activities.  The winner will earn their residence hall a pizza party.  I am excited for the games to start!!

I will be studying abroad in France next year and orientation is this coming weekend.  Although I am not really looking forward to orientation since I have been abroad before, it was suggested to me that I teach others what I learned from my previous experience and I think this will be a great way to learn how to do that.  Also, I am excited to see who will be going where, including if anyone else is going on my program.

Although there is a lot to keep me busy, Spring break  is coming up soon, March 24-28!  Warm, sunny weather is always a great motivation to study outside or get it done to enjoy the sunshine!

Have a great week!!