Kevin: My month in Mexico

I’ve been back from my Jan Term Study Abroad trip Baja California Sur in Mexico for five days now and I still struggle to find words to describe it. It was without a doubt the best three and a half weeks of my life. In retrospect it seems like it was over in the blink of an eye, but as I reflect on each experience I feel like I was there for years.

We hiked, climbed, swam, camped, kayaked, and surfed, all while learning about the world around us and ourselves. We discussed issues and ideas such as the acquisition of knowledge, conservation, ecological change and growth, species differentiation and diversity, and we even learned a little Spanish! We saw beautiful sunrises and sunsets. We swam with whale sharks, sea lions, and many species of fish. We even got our hands dirty by helping with the data collection at a Sea Turtle Research and Conservation Camp.

I am still in the process of going through pictures that my peers and I took while down there, and I am also writing an essay about the class, integrating the texts, discussion, and experiences. I plan to share both the essay and more pictures in the near future.

Until next time enjoy some of my photos from Mexico!

Kevin

IMG_1082 IMG_1099 Photo Jan 20, 1 01 42 PM IMG_1266 IMG_1251 IMG_1236 IMG_1224 IMG_1079