Kiera: Weekend excursion

I hope you are all staying warm as the weather gets much colder!  I have begun wearing thermal clothes more and more often, although, I’m almost always cold.

I love all of the activities that go on around this campus and in the area!  This past Saturday I went ice skating with the German club.  We went up to the Lloyd Center mall in Portland where we skated.  It was super fun!  I’ve only been twice before and I am happy to say that I only fell once, however in an area that had some water, so I got a little wet.  Afterwards we had a little extra time so we walked around the mall for a while.  It was pretty cool; I’ve never been to that mall before.  I was able to get a gift for my secret Santa, which is something my friends and I do.  We then went to eat dinner at the Rheinlander restaurant.  It is a German restaurant with some really good food and traditional decorations.  I had wiener schnitzel and a German soft pretzel which were really good!!  On our way back we stopped at a Dutch Bros., which is a drive through coffee company unique to Oregon.    We decided to stop by since some people in our van had never been.

IMG_20131116_185138

Next week is Thanksgiving break and we get the whole week off.  I’m not going to lie, after twelve weeks of classes, I am really happy to have a whole week off where I can eat home cooked food and play with my cat.