Morgan: Elections

APhi

My Big and I – We both currently hold leadership positions within Alpha Phi

Today is a very nerve-racking and exciting day for me. Today is the day of Alpha Phi Elections. Alpha Phi runs elections by calendar year rather than academic year. There are so many leadership positions available within Alpha Phi which gives girls several opportunities to get involved.

Right now I hold the Director of Sisterhoods position. I plan all inner Alpha Phi events such as trips to the pumpkin patch, monthly movie nights, ice skating trips, etc.

This year, I am running for Vice President of Membership Recruitment. This position sits on the Executive Council and runs formal recruitment and continuous open bidding.

I am also running for President of Alpha Phi. This is a very big role to take on as a sophomore, but I truly believe that this is a position I could excel in.

I’ve beeASLCn working on my speech all week and I think that I am ready to give it to my sisters and see how they respond to it.

I will keep you posted as to what the outcome of elections are! Wish me luck! :)

Whereas there are lots of leadership opportunities within Greek life, there are over 100 leadership opportunities campus wide. It it so easy for someone to get involved and hold a leadership position if they do so desire. Some examples of leadership opportunities on campus are ASLC (Associated Students of Linfield College – Student Government), LAB (Linfield Activities Board), Board of Trustees (we have students that sit on this board), Alumni Relations, and the list goes on and on.

If you want to be a leader here on campus, you are definitely given the opportunity to do so!LAB

I hope to see you soon!

Morgan