Morgan: Choir Concert – Verdi Celebration

Verdi_Hat2_web

Giuseppe Verdi

Last night, Tuesday, Nov. 12, the Linfield College Music Department put on a Verdi Celebration Concert. Giuseppe Verdi was a famous Italian opera composer. This year would have been Verdi’s 200th birthday. The Linfield Music faculty decided to put on a concert featuring some of Verdi’s most well known compositions.

Soloists included soprano Natalie Gunn, mezzo-soprano Beth Madsen Bradford, tenor Giovanni Formisano and baritone Anton Belov. The Linfield Concert Choir, under the direction of Anna Song, also performed.

The concert was held in ICE Auditorium at 7:30 p.m.

Since I am a member of the Linfield College Concert Coir, I performed with the choir in this concert.

The event was really fun and all of the soloists were absolutely incredible!

Here is an example of some of Verdi’s work!

What is really great about the Linfield College Concert Choir is, you don’t have to be a music major or minor to be a part of it! I love to sing, however, I am not majoring or minoring in music so I love that I still get the opportunity to be in the choir.

This also goes for the Theater Department. You don’t have to be a theater major or minor to be in any of the productions.

Linfield College has some wonderful art programs and anyone who enjoys it can be involved.

I hope to see you soon!

Morgan Gerke

verdi-natalie-bk-5244d55f7b630portrait of Beth Madsen Bradfordverdiverdi-antonbelov-5244d42406d43