Kiera: Getting down to business

Hi everyone!  I hope you had a fantastic week!!  Just under two weeks of classes before Thanksgiving break and then a week of classes before finals.  About this time of year is when you see more people at the library and other places on campus studying and doing homework, especially since finals are right around the corner.

Last week was registration week for January term and spring semester classes.  I was a little nervous about it because I wanted to make sure I got all the classes I needed.  My registration time slot was at 8:30 in the morning and afterwards I was right back in bed since I didn’t have class until 10:45.  To be honest, I spent most of my week writing an essay which I slipped under my professor’s office door at 6:30 Friday evening.  In my defense, he only said it was due Friday, not at what time.

I have discovered the movie section in our Library and although I have no idea how it is organized I thought I would look through it.  I haven’t seen very many movies, but I do have a list of some the must-see classics.  So I decided that every weekend I would watch one movie, so this past Friday, I watched The Descendents.  College can be a lot of hard work, so for me, to prevent excessive stress or burn-out, I decided that every Friday and Saturday evening I would take time for myself to do anything that doesn’t involve homework.

Yesterday was our Fall Open House, so in the morning and during lunch I got to talk to a lot of really awesome prospective students.  This week I have two more tests and next week a French presentation, so this week I will be busy studying!!  Have a great week!!