Morgan: Family Weekend & Halloween

YOUNGWILD&PHI

Young, Wild & Phi

Last weekend, Oct. 25-27 was family weekend here at Linfield College. There are all sorts of events that take place here during family weekend. From the Zeta Tau Alpha and Delta Psi Delta Haunted House, the football and soccer games, exploring Third Street in downtown McMinnville, and family brunch inside Dillin Dining Hall. One that I personally partake in is the Alpha Phi Star Search. Alpha Phi puts on this event every Friday during family weekend. The event is a talent show featuring Linfield Students to raise money for Women’s heart health and cardiac care, which is Alpha Phi’s philanthropy.

photo

ZOMBIE

I compete in this event every year and it is always a blast. This year I competed by myself and sang two songs with my guitar. The first was “Better” by Maggie Rose and “Brave” by Sara Barellies. I also sang a duet with my good friend Logan Mays and we sang “Breakeven” by The Script. I also got to sing with 7 other Alpha Phi sisters who are all members of the Linfield College Concert choir. We formed and a cappella group called “Young, Wild & Phi” and sang “Royals” by Lorde.

Yesterday, Thursday Oct. 31 was of course Halloween! Residence halls were decorated spookily for Halloween! Rooms were also able to sign up to have little trick-or-treaters come to your dorm room. The kids have a Halloween carnival held in the Fred Meyer Lounge and then they go door to door trick-or-treating. I had some very adorable supermans and princesses come to my door last night. I decided to be a zombie for Halloween. Luckily, I dressed as a pilot when the kids came because I think the zombie makeup would have scared them and then they wouldn’t have taken any candy..

I hope to see you soon!

Morgan