Kevin: Preparing for another conference

Next weekend, November 8 & 9, is the Murdock Conference. It is an annual ¬†undergraduate research conference for schools in the Pacific Northwest, and this year it is being hosted by Lewis & Clark College. Last year I attended this conference when it was held up at Whitman College in Walla Walla, WA, and I gave a poster presentation. This year I’m giving one of the keynote oral presentations on behalf of Linfield. Two students are chose to do this, one from the physical sciences and one from the life sciences, so needless to say I am honored to be chosen to represent my school. I will be presenting about the research I have conducted under Professors Jim Diamond and Liz Atkinson for the past year or so. This past week has been full of preparation as I finish up my PowerPoint and get ready to present to an audience of a few hundred people (no pressure right???). However, while this week and next may be a little extra stressful with these preparations on top of my usual course work, I am truly grateful for this amazing opportunity. Experiences such as these are what make Linfield graduates so successful after their four years here, regardless of the field they choose to pursue. This is just another reminder that I made the right choice in deciding to attend Linfield, and I haven’t had a single regret since.

Til next time,

Kevin