Kevin: Rain in Oregon? What???

Many of you outside of the Pacific Northwest may have this perception that the rain we received this last weekend is the norm for this area. I can honestly say that the Pacific monsoon that hit Oregon and Washington this past weekend is the most rain I have ever seen in my time here at Linfield. Coming from Nevada, my perception was that Oregon was going to be very rainy, grey, and even dreary. I couldn’t have been more wrong. It is actually quite rare that it rains very hard for an extended period of time, especially here in the Willamette Valley. We may get a light rain for part of a day, and then the clouds will break up and it’s really nice because the rain keeps everything fresh and green. Definitely a HUGE change after spending 18 years of my life in the desert. So while it does rain here in Oregon, with the exception of this weekend’s impressive storm, it is generally a lighter, pleasant rain, not the depressing downpour that the stereotype describes. And the sun is out today, reminding everyone that we live in one of the most beautiful states in the country. Don’t believe me? Come check it out for yourself!

So long for now!

Kevin