Morgan: Introduction

MorganGHello! My name is Morgan Gerke and I am an admission ambassador here at Linfield College. I am a sophomore this year and am studying mass communication. On campus I am involved in Greek Life, The Linfield Concert Choir, and C.A.T.S. (consent awareness training squad). In my sorority, Alpha Phi, I am the Director of Sisterhood and plan all of our sisterhood bonding events such as s’mores nights, movie nights, trips to the pumpkin patch, etc.

I am from Tualatin, Oregon and graduated from Tualatin High School. However, I did live in Woodbury, Minnesota from ages 12-16 and attended Woodbury High School. In high school I was involved in two choirs and an all-female acapella group as well as sat on my choir council, I was a State of Oregon Honor Thespian as well as sat on my high school’s thespian council and was heavily involved in the theater department. I was also in NHS and Pack Leaders for incoming freshman (link leaders).

Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to go to Oregon State University. Even when I lived in Minnesota, I was determined that I was going to be attending OSU. No ifs, ands, or buts. However, when I took a tour of Oregon State, it was so overwhelming. The campus was so large and there were so many students, I felt like a little ant. I moved back to Oregon in the summer of 2011 and was planning on attending my junior year of high school at Tualatin. I then made a very good friend who had an older brother that attended Linfield.

So, one Saturday, I went with their family and attended my first Linfield College football game. I have never even heard of Linfield before, so it was all new to me. Right as we pulled onto campus I was impressed. The campus was gorgeous! As we got out of the car and started setting up our tailgating spot, my friend’s older brother showed up with all of his friends. They were all so friendly and welcoming and began telling be all about Linfield and all of the memories they have made here. After the tailgate we all headed over to the Catdome to watch the game. I had not yet learned about Linfield’s 56 year winning streak so you could say I was impressed watching the football team play.

After that day, I was hooked. I loved Linfield. I took a tour of the college campus about six months later and that was it. The deal was sealed.  I didn’t want to look anywhere else and I didn’t even apply anywhere else. Linfield was THE school for me. I felt so much at home here and could see myself living and attending classes here.

Now that I am in my sophomore year here, I can honestly say that choosing to attend Linfield was the best decision I have ever made. All of your professors here know you by name and by your work and honestly want to see you succeed. I am much more than a number here.

I have really been surprised and impressed by how many leadership opportunities that Linfield has to offer. I am involved in several things on campus and hold a leadership position in my sorority. I love being involved and being a leader on campus and hope/plan to get more involved here at Linfield as the years go on. Where it can be hard to fit everything in, Linfield definitely gives me the opportunity to make it all possible.

I hope to see you soon!

Morgan

GreekLife

Linfield College Greek Life – Sororities
Phi Sigma Sigma, Zeta Tau Alpha, Sigma Kappa Phi,
Alpha Phi