Kiera: Things of all sorts

Last week was packed with a variety of things for me.  I took out my violin and played it for the first time in two years. Wow!  It was a little hard, but amazing.  I am part of the worship team for the chaplain.  On the third Tuesday of each month, the Chap’s Team, a group of students who help the chaplain, puts on a candlelight service.  The worship team plays the music for this service and it’s a lot of fun.  Anyone can come and there are multiple opportunities throughout the service for people to light a votive candle if they so choose.

IMG_20130917_200554

IMG_20130917_200611

I have been matched up with my WIN mentee, a freshman student that I will be mentoring throughout the semester and possibly all year long too.  I am really excited and can’t wait to get to know her more!

Yesterday there were Japanese survivors of the atomic bomb who came to give a talk.  Our auditorium was packed to the brim and it was absolutely amazing to hear about how they survived, the affects had on people, especially those they knew, and their opinion on nuclear energy.

I hope you all have a great week!