Kiera: Home, Sweet Home

Hello one and all!  I am new to this blogging world, but I am excited to be a part of it.  My name is Kiera and I am a sophomore at Linfield.  We just started the fourth week of school and I’m loving every moment of it!  I am a psychology major and a French studies minor.  Classes are going great and are something I look forward to.  The great thing about taking language classes here is that you get to work with a lot of international faculty.  My French professor is from Cameroon and the French language assistant is from France.  I really love languages, so I am also taking German and my German professor is from Germany and the German language assistant is from Austria.  Super cool!  Every Monday there is a French Table in Dillin Hall (the cafeteria) where you can just go and practice your French while you eat lunch.  I also go to the German Table which is on Wednesdays and there is also a Spanish and Japanese Table.

I also love being involved here at Linfield.  I am a part of FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes), Salt’N’Light, WIN (Wildcat Intercultural Network),…etc.  You’ll here more about all my activities as the school year goes on.  You don’t have to be an athlete to be a part of FCA and Salt’N’Light is a fun take on a bible study group.  WIN is a mentoring network for anyone who chooses to take part.  Freshman, transfer, and international students are paired up with a current upperclassman student to just talk to, help you figure out the “ins and outs” and really make Linfield your own.

Looking Forward:  I am going to be doing a January Term abroad.  This means that I will be taking a faculty led course just in January.  Abroad?  Yes!  For the four weeks of January I will be in Mexico.  Traveling Baja California to be exact, along with ten other students and two professors.  The name of my course; Literary Biology in the Sea of Cortez.