Kevin: Scuba Diving in January

Yes, the title of this blog post is indeed Scuba Diving in January. This past January Term here on campus I took Linfield’s Scuba Certification Class in addition to a Chemistry class called Quantitative Analysis. While the Chemistry class was a lot of fun, Scuba was truly the highlight of my January. We spent the first few weeks meeting at the pool and learning all about everything we needed to know, and then we went up to Hoodsport, Washington for the weekend to do our certification dives. Cold doesn’t even begin to describe just how frigid the water was, but it was definitely one of those life experiences that I will always reflect upon. Scuba diving may even become a hobby of mine now that I’ve gotten my foot in the door of the scuba community! The scuba class is just one of a number of classes that introduce students to new worlds, and I’m glad to have been given such a great opportunity. My next blog post will be more about some other opportunities I’ve had here at Linfield, so stay tuned!

Til next time,

Kevin

About to head into the water for one of my certification dives up in Hoodsport, WA.