Kevin: Hey, it’s college

For those of you who’ve yet to experience college life, you may not know exactly what my title means. The phrase “Hey, it’s college” comes up quite often here at Linfield, and I’m sure it does elsewhere too. What am I talking about you may ask? For example this phrase applied to me personally just last evening. My friend invited me to go see Macklemore and Ryan Lewis at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland last night. Thursday night is usually a big homework night for me, but “hey, it’s college”. I was able to finish everything that was absolutely necessary either Wednesday night or during the day Thursday, and then once I was out of O-Chem lab it was off the Portland! The concert was absolutely fantastic, completely worth the dragging, zombie-like state that we all had today after being up so late. However we all agree it was completely worth it. Moral of the story, when great opportunities present themselves, find a way to experience them. I’ve found Linfield to be full of these opportunities, and “hey, it’s college” — that’s what it’s all about!

Until next time,

Kevin