Kevin: First few weeks of sophomore year

It’s crazy to think that it is already the 5th week of school here at Linfield! The month of September has been full of a number of things. I keep seeing new faces on campus, and have to continually remind myself I’m not a freshman anymore. At the same it’s been really nice to get reacquainted with all of the great friends I made last year. There have been adventures to Portland and Seattle with friends both old and new, late night life talks and memories that will last a lifetime. I feel like I’m forgetting something….. Oh yea we still go to class and do homework and have tests too. That hasn’t changed, and it’s the real reason why we’re all here. On the other hand, I’ve definitely found myself to be more comfortable in the college lifestyle, which has made this year already that much better. A year ago at this time I was still figuring out my niche at Linfield, perfecting my routine, and making friends. While I’m always open to improvement, I can definitely see that I’ve figured a lot of things out, which has made the college life a lot easier. I can’t take complete credit for this though. Instead I must give thanks to the amazing people here at Linfield, everyone from the professors and administrators to chefs in Dillin and the cleaning crews and even my fellow students. The Linfield community as a whole has helped me to grow into the person I am now, and these last five weeks have shown that to me. It has solidified by belief that Linfield College is the place to be, so I really hope I’ve done a decent job explaining why.

Until next time,

Kevin

P.S. The attached pictures are from Safeco Field in Seattle and outside of Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland.