Is it Really the End of the Year?

It’s so hard to believe just how quickly these past few months have flown by! The end of my sophomore year at Linfield is coming to a close. Of course, with it comes the stress of finals, but it’s really difficult to be in a bad mood in this amazing weather (although this really does make it more difficult to stay inside and work on my papers).  Between today and the end of finals,about a week and a half, I have four papers to finish as well as two presentations to give. Oh, the woes of a Humanities major! But, these are all topics I love, so I don’t really have any room to complain. In any case, finishing all of my work means that I can get started on my summer reading! The list is fairly long, but I do have all summer, so I think I can manage it (I know I’ll read every single one, who am I kidding?).

The end of spring semester also means graduation! So many of my senior friends are graduating this year. It’ll be sad to see them go, but graduations are always bittersweet. There are just so many opportunities waiting after college–travel, grad school, who really knows? It’ll be quite exciting to see who’s doing what in the years after graduation.

But, graduation is still a ways away for me. So, for now, I need to enjoy the sunshine, see as much of my friends as possible, and get all my work done! Soon, school will be over for the year and I’ll have the fall to look forward to.