Kevin: April’s almost over? Recap time!

Is it really already the end of April? I can’t believe how fast my first year of college is going by. It’s nights like these that I love to just look back and reminisce on what has been a school year full of wonderful memories. I came to college a week early, spending the time immersing myself in service and learning about leadership in the First CLAS program. School started, and not too long after I was hired as a Student Ambassador for the Office of Admission. I tried out for baseball, and eventually found myself hanging up my spikes for the last time. I was an assistant site leader for Taste of Service. I was the captain for an Intramural Volleyball team. I’ve been skiing at Mount Hood. I’ve been mentoring at McMinnville High School. I have worked with KSLC, Linfield’s Student-run radio station, as a member of the Sports Broadcast Team. I found out recently that I’ll be staying at Linfield over the summer conducting research for the Chemistry Department. Did I forget anything? O yea I’ve been going to class too! Duh!! This past school year has been the most exhilarating thing I could ever imagine. It’s been busy most of the time, stressful for parts, but I have honestly enjoyed each and every minute of my time here at Linfield thus far. Things may not have gone exactly how I imagined every step of the way, but I have truly found that Linfield College is a place with a number of doors open to each and every one of its students. I have been lucky enough to take the time to walk through and explore some of them, and I’m excited to see what the future has in store. It is without an inkling of doubt that I can say that there is no better place for me than here, in the heart of the Willamette Valley, in McMinnville, Oregon, at Linfield College. If you’re at all curious as to what I’m talking about, come and check it out for yourself. I’d be happy to show you why Linfield is the place to be!

Hope to see you on campus,

Kevin