Kevin: Jan Term looking back

It’s hard to believe that my first January Term here at Linfield has already come to an end. The month long term was truly a blast. I took Intro to Proofs, which was a Math class focused on writing proofs concerning all aspects of math. It was a truly engaging class, taught by Professor Jennifer Nordstrom, the Math Department Chair. Instead of asking questions like “What….” we were discussing the “How’s” and “Why’s” of Mathematics. However I have learned that Jan Term here at Linfield is about more than just the class you are taking. For me, it was a great time to connect some more with my roommate and a few other guys on my floor. We played racquetball, video-games, watched movies, and even went skiing at Mount Hood. The relaxed atmosphere of Jan Term allowed all of us to continue to strengthen the bonds of friendship that had been growing since August. These are friends that I will continue to have not only throughout my college career, but the rest of my life. They are from all over the country, and some are even from different parts of the world. I am glad I met each and every one of them, and I’m even more glad that my January Term experience included them as well. Every day I am reminded why Linfield is such a fantastic place. It’s the people that make up this school that make Linfield, in my highly informed and extremely biased opinion, the best liberal arts school in the world.

Til next time,

Kevin

P.S. Check out some pictures from Mt. Hood